12 Reasons to join Rotary
- FRIENDSHIP. Rotary provides one of the most basic human needs: the need for friends and fellowship. It is one of the reasons why Rotary began in 1905, and is just as relevant in 2022.
- CITIZENSHIP IN THE COMMUNITY. Simply, membership of a Rotary club makes you a better person. By engaging in fundraising, local activities and social events, you demonstrate a commitment to making your world a better place.
- FUN. Rotary is fun. A lot of fun. Each meeting is fun. The club projects are fun. Social activities are fun. And the service is fun.
- PUBLIC SPEAKING SKILLS. Rotary develops confidence and skill in public communication, and plenty of opportunities to speak!
- ENTERTAINMENT. Rotary has conferences, conventions, assemblies, and institutes that provide entertainment in addition to Rotary information, education, and service.
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF SOCIAL SKILLS. Every week and at various events and functions, Rotary develops your personality, social, and people skills. Rotary is for people who like people, or who want to.
- FAMILY PROGRAMS. Rotary provides one of the world’s largest youth exchange programs, opportunities for spouse involvement; and a host of activities designed to help family members in growth and the development of family values.
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF ETHICS. Rotarians practice a 4-Way Test that governs one’s ethical standards. Rotarians are expected to be ethical in business and personal relationships.
- CULTURAL AWARENESS. Around the world, practically every religion, country, culture, race, creed, political persuasion, language, colour, and ethnic identity is found in Rotary. It is a cross section of the world’s citizens from every background. There are Rotary Clubs in more than 200 countries around the world.
- NICE PEOPLE. Rotarians above all are nice people; the nicest people on the face of the earth. They are important people who adhere to the policy that while it is nice to be important, it is more important to be nice.
- THE ABSENCE OF AN “OFFICIAL CREED”: Rotary has no secret handshake, no secret policy, no official creed, no secret meetings or rituals. It is an open society of men and women who simply believe in helping others.
- THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE: Rotary is a service club. Its business is mankind. Its product is service. Rotarians provide community service to both local and international communities. This is perhaps the best reason perhaps for becoming a Rotarian: the chance to do something for somebody else and to sense the self-fulfillment that comes in the process and the return of that satisfaction to one’s own life. It is richly rewarding.
Please contact us if you have any queries about this page.